Capital Region Parrot Society Inc. was established with D.O.S. February 28,2012.
CRPS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
The mission of the Capital Region Parrot Society is:
- To inform the public about the proper care for avian pets.
- To remove pet birds from situations that are abusive, endangering or neglectful
- To provide foster care for birds which can no longer remain with their owners.
- To place rescued or fostered birds into permanent adoptive homes.
- To discourage avian breeding in favor of adoption.