*Note* Our mission is to find healthy and nurturing homes for parrot companions. We don't do same day adoptions, ship birds, and home visits are a must to ensure a suitable home. We do our best to set up adoptions for success and aren't first come first serve. Our adoption process typically goes as followed:
1) Adopter fills out and submits adoption application.
2) A representative of the Capital Region Parrot Society, usually the adoption coordinator, reviews the application.
3) You will then be contacted by a Capital Region Parrot Society Representative.
4) A home visit will be arranged. This is a time were we educate the parront to be, make suggestions to create a safe environment, and do our best to thoroughly educate and answer any questions you may have.
5) If all goes well visits to the parrot companion will be arranged.
6) Adoption and future guidance. We will be here for you if you need us for anything. If for whatever reason you are unable to provide care for the adopted parrot companion. You are obligated to return him or her to the Capital Region Parrot Society as per the adoption contract.
Capital Region Parrot Society, Inc.
Adoption Program Application
Prior to completing this application, please be advised that:
It is the goal of the Capital Region Parrot Society to provide loving and lasting homes for rescued, abandoned, and abused birds. We also work to provide homes for birds whose owners (for whatever reason) can no longer care for them.
When birds are placed with new owners via the CRPS, it is with the understanding that under no circumstances are the birds to be bred, sold or given away. Should extenuating circumstances occur whereby the new home cannot keep the bird that bird becomes the property of the CRPS and must be returned to us for re-adoption. After an adoption a representative of CRPS may follow up on how the bird is doing.
Please consider joining our organization if you are interested in adoption. Dues are $20.00 per year. CRPS provides informative newsletters, free meetings and special events. Your fee is used for education, veterinary bills and feeding birds we have in fosterage awaiting adoption.